Tuesday, December 1, 2009

learning styles

All learners learn differently. I feel that all students should be given the same opportunity to learn the required information equally. Educators need to prepare all assignments to fit the individual learning need for all students. All learning styles pertain to each individual; it's important to know and/or understand which learning styles able you to learn and/or teach to the best of your ability. As an instructor you must find that common ground that will encompass all learning styles to better serve your students.

2 comments:

  1. As educators, with jobs, families, community involvement, is this feasible? What if we teach something that lends itself better to lecturing - how would adding in "fluff" like hands on activities really help - and maybe it would actually detract from what I need them to learn. Shouldn't students also learn to adapt to other teaching styles?
    ~Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer,

    I see where you are coming from and agree that as an instructor, you should be finding that "common ground" so that you are reaching all of your students. It would be far too difficult to tailor all of your lessons to the different learning styles; it would be way too time consuming.

    I also agree with Julie that students should also adapt to different learning styles. I have been in many training sessions that the instructor was not reaching me the way they were probably hoping they were. At that point, I had to make an adjustment to my frame of mind in order to soak in the information they were trying to pass on to me.

    Bryan

    ReplyDelete